- Outdoor Fabric
Fade Resistant UPF Rated
Mold and Mildew Resistant
Wide Variety of Colors
RECacril® canvases are high-performance fabrics made from fade resistant solution-dyed acrylic fibers, specially designed for awning and sun protection products.
All spinning and weaving processes are optimized to give the canvas a high tensile and tear strength, and to produce an excellent surface finish for applying the Infinity Process high-tech coating.
The Infinity Process is a proprietary finishing technique that offers exceptional repellency to water and dirt, superior dimensional stability, and creates a durable fabric that keeps its aesthetic allure over the life of the product.
RECacril canvases are very easy to handle because the fabric has a consistent firm hand and excellent flat lay that makes it easy to cut, sew, and fabricate. The tight weave structure and smooth surface of RECacril canvases make printing easier. These elements provide better adhesion of the vinyl when heat transfer equipment is used. If screen printing is used, the closed structure of the yarns allows less ink to pass through the fabric, resulting in sharper, better-defined prints.
RECacril canvases follow rigorous quality control standards throughout the manufacturing process, meeting all requirements for obtaining approval of the UNE-EN 13561:2004+A1:2009 performance requirements for awning safety.
Advantages of Solution-dyed Acrylic Yarns
Generally, synthetic yarns are colorless when manufactured. There are two ways to color the fibers:
Conventional Dye. Immerse the fiber (yarn or fabric) in a solution of dye and other auxiliary products. As the colorant is applied after the fiber produced, it is distributed evenly on the surface, but without penetrating to the core of the fiber.
Solution dyed. The other way to dye fibers is to add the dye to the liquid fiber solution before extrusion. Dye is mixed into the solution thoroughly, bringing the color all the way through the fiber, obtaining vibrant fabrics with great wear resistance, excellent hue, and exceptional resistance to weathering, mold and mildew.
Infinity process As a result of ongoing research and development, RECASENS develops and applies the Infinity Process to all RECacril, RECacril Marine, RECsystem and RECwater canvases. The Infinity Process is a high-tech treatment designed to ensure lasting quality in all of the fabric lines. In this proprietary process, nanoparticles completely cover the surface of the fabric fibers, forming a permanent lining. After treatment, the surface and inside of the fabric are permanently protected from dirt build-up and weather damage.
The low reactivity and high stability of the Infinity Process gives our awnings durable and long lasting protection especially against mold, as well as providing excellent water and oil repellency.
RECacril canvases offer effective sunscreen protection as they filter high percentages of ultraviolet radiation. The level of protection varies according to fabric type and depending on the weight, thickness and color. Canvases with a higher weight protect better, and darker canvases offer better UV protection than clear ones.
RECASENS acrylic canvases offer high levels of UV protection, Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of up to +80 according to international standard UV Standard 801.
The Infinity Process gives RECacril canvases good water and oil repellency, able to withstand a short, light rain. The RECacril canvases are designed primarily for sun protection, but if an awning is installed with a minimum slope of 14° and properly maintained, RECacril canvases also offer good protection against short, light rains.
If a canvas has to withstand frequent and intense rains, we recommend using waterproof products such as RECsystem and RECwater.
For 10 years after installation, RECASENS warranty covers their fabrics against decomposition, significant loss of strength, and fading only, for regularly maintained fabrics under normal use and environmental conditions.
RECASENS will either, at its discretion, replace free of charge or reimburse the invoice value of the section of fabric recognized as faulty, excluding any costs or any other compensation for any reason whatsoever.
The warranty does not protect against any damage due to abuse, neglect, vandalism, burns of any kind, fires and natural disasters.
Consequently, the warranty excludes the following damages:
- Faulty maintenance or the use of unsuitable products or instruments: no detergent, chemical product or solvent can be used, NOR any scraper or other instrument that may damage the surface of the fibers.
- Defects due to the aging and normal wear of the fabric.
- Soiling caused by animals.
- The repair of damage or defects in the fabric resulting from accidents or acts of nature.
- Faulty assembly or handling by the user, the projection of various products, hanging objects on the fabric, falling objects, bumps, road accidents, vandalism, burns from cigarettes or other sources, and fire.
- Lightning or unusual climatic or environmental conditions.
The warranty excludes the cost of any mechanical device (hardware, mechanisms, structures, etc.) as well as any cost of manufacturing, assembly and installation.
The warranty takes effect from the date of installation of awnings, curtains or any other product made with RECASENS canvases.
RECASENS canvases are a component of the final product. If you detect any defective fabric, please contact the installer or distributor from whom you purchased the product.
Maintenance for RECacril Canvases
The high-tech Infinity Process finishing technique provides RECASENS canvases with long lasting protection against mold, as well as excellent water and oil repellency, making awnings that will protect you from both sun and water for many years.
However, the accumulation of dust, air pollution particles, foreign organic materials and general dirt can damage this protection, shortening the life of the canvas, so the fabric must be properly cleaned and maintained.
The most effective method for maintaining your canvas is to clean it once a month using a low pressure hose to prevent dirt accumulation. IMPORTANT: The fabric must be completely dry before closing or storing the awning.
The awning may be left open in the rain, as rain will also help prevent the accumulation of dirt. If for any reason you have to roll the awning while it is still wet, unroll it as soon as possible to let it dry. In times of continuous rain, we recommend keeping your awning rolled closed.
In addition to monthly rinsing, in most environments, the canvas will require a more thorough cleaning every 2-3 years. To clean your canvas:
- Brush off excess dust and dirt with a soft brush. NEVER brush with stiff brushes as that will damage the surface finish on the fibers.
- Spray the awning with clean water. Do not use a high pressure hose. Use only low pressure hoses to clean the fabric.
- Prepare a solution of solvent-free soap in warm water (no more than 40ºC), and apply it to the awning to dissolve any dirt or debris accumulated on the surface of the fibers.
- Rinse thoroughly with water to remove all traces of soap.
- Let the awning air dry, protected from the wind, until it is completely dry.
RECacril fabrics are protected against the growth of fungi, however, fungi can grow on embedded dirt.
A more intensive cleaning will remove these stains:
- Brush off excess dust and dirt with a soft brush. NEVER brush with stiff brushes as that will damage the surface of the fabric fibers.
- Prepare a solution of 10% household bleach, 20% solvent-free neutral detergent and 70% water.
- Apply the solution to the fabric, and leave it on for 15-20 minutes maximum.
- Rinse with clean water several times, as residual bleach could damage the fabric.
- Let the awning air dry, protected from the wind, until it is completely dry.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
Properly dispose of chemicals and dirty water to protect the environment. Bleach and other chemicals can damage or destroy surrounding plants, animals and other living matter.